Your gift to Lupus Link Minnesota makes an impact on those whose lives are touched by lupus and related autoimmune diseases. Consider furthering your impact with one of these charitable options:
Let your generosity shine all year long with a recurring donation. In addition to the convenience of your contribution automatically processing each month,* your gift provides a constant stream of support.
Use this online form and select the desired frequency from the drop-down menu to create your recurring donation.
*If you ever need to adjust your gift or cancel it altogether, you may do so at any time by contacting our Development staff.
Memorials and Honorariums
Make a donation in honor or in memory of someone. Gifts can recognize happy occasions and milestones or can be made out of respect to those whose battles with lupus are lost. Your honoree will receive recognition on our Honor Roll and in an upcoming newsletter.
If you wish and provide the information, we’ll send an acknowledgment of your gift to the honoree or family. Use the donation form and complete all memorial/honorarium sections or mail your gift to our office (Lupus Link Minnesota, 2626 East 82nd Street, Suite 350, Bloomington, MN 55425), including information about who your honoring, as well as your wishes for an acknowledgement letter.
If your employer offers a workplace giving program or campaign, consider directing a portion of your paycheck to Lupus Link Minnesota. Your generous payroll deduction or campaign contribution, like other gifts to Lupus Link Minnesota, supports lupus research, education and awareness efforts, and supportive services for those living with the disease.
Lupus Link Minnesota’s tax ID is 81-5413651. Contact your human resources department or payroll administrator to set up your payroll deduction. If your employer doesn't have Lupus Link Minnesota as a participating charity, simply nominate our organization.
Increase the impact of your donation by applying for a matching gift from your employer. Contact your HR department to learn about matching gift opportunities. If your company will match your gift, request a matching gift form from your human resources department. Send the completed form, including gift information, to our attention at the address below or email@example.com.
Our organization’s contact information and tax ID for your company’s records:
Lupus Link Minnesota
2626 East 82nd Street, Suite 350
Bloomington, MN 55425
Tax ID: 81-5413651 (Lupus Link Minnesota IRS Determination Letter)
Leave a lasting impression with your loved ones and our community by including Lupus Link Minnesota as a beneficiary in your will, IRA, life insurance policy, or trust. Your generosity provides a dedicated resource to aid Lupus Link Minnesota in supporting those with lupus and related autoimmune diseases, and funds research to hopefully one day be without these diseases.
To create your legacy, contact your professional advisor today, and contact us with any questions.
IRA Charitable Rollover
The extended IRA Charitable Rollover law allows individuals 70 ½ or older to make a qualified charitable distribution from their IRA. Such donors can gift up to $100,000 from their IRA to one or more qualified charities without paying federal income tax on the withdrawal. Details below:
- Donors must be age 70 ½ or older at the time the gift is made.
- Only traditional IRAs are eligible. However, owners of other types of qualified plans may roll assets into a new IRA to allow them to make gifts if such a rollover is otherwise permitted. Donors should consult with their professional advisor before doing so.
- Donors must ask their plan administrator to make a direct transfer of funds to a qualified public charity. Please note that it is important not to withdraw funds before making a gift.
- Gifts cannot be used to fund a gift annuity or charitable remainder trust.
- Each donor may give up to $100,000 per year. For couples, each spouse may give up to that amount.
- Distributions made under this law can be used to satisfy the donor’s required minimum distribution (RMD). However, qualified charitable distributions are not limited to the RMD.
- Donors can choose to exclude the distribution from income on their federal tax return. If they do, they will not receive a charitable income tax deduction.
- To qualify for tax-free treatment, donors cannot receive goods, services, or a personal benefit (such as event tickets) in return for the IRA charitable rollover gift.
Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift and request a direct qualified charitable distribution from the IRA account to Lupus Link Minnesota, a 501(c)(3) organization. Our Tax ID number is 81-5413651.
Gift Stocks, Bonds or Mutual Fund Shares
Giving stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares may provide an amplified tax benefit while supporting the mission and goals of Lupus Link Minnesota. Talk to your broker about the securities you’d like to gift and advise them to contact our registered financial advisor Dan Langworthy with LPL/Fortress Financial Group at 507-529-1400. Then, notify Lupus Link Minnesota of your plans by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, address, stock or other securities info, and approximate value.
Information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For information on how any gift may affect your tax situation, please consult with your own professional advisor.
Contact our Development staff if you have any questions or require gift verification.